Whipping up a batch of these Classic Earl Grey Cookies will be the perfect sweet addition for your next visit with Mom. ‘Wow’ her with your baking skills by mentioning the real ground tealeaves to be found inside.
These mouth-watering treats are not only creamy and delicious, but CitizenTea’s Classic Earl Grey tea adds a great refreshing burst of citrus flavour that she is sure to love. These cookies are perfect to serve at your next gab session along with your favourite CitizenTea blend. Our suggestion: serve alongside a hot pot of S’mores black tea or an all time classic like Assam Banaspaty Organic black tea.
Serves about 6 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons finely ground Classic Earl Grey tealeaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 ounce) sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together the tea, flour and salt and set the bowl aside for later.
- 2. In a different larger bowl, electrically mix together butter, sugar and grated orange zest on medium speed for about 3 minutes, until you reach a pale fluffy consistency. Reduce the speed to low, and slowly add in the flour mixture.
- 3. Once mixing is complete divide the dough in half. Transfer each half to a piece of parchment paper, and shape into logs. Roll the dough in parchment to 1¼ inch in diameter. Press a ruler along the edge of the parchment paper with each roll in order to force out air and to narrow the roll. Transfer the roll still wrapped in parchment into paper-towel tubes; freeze for 1 hour.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut logs into ¼-inch-thick slices. Space 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- 5. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until edges turn golden.
- 6. Let cool before serving and enjoy!
For a fun twist, try using our Creamed Earl Grey to amp up the creaminess!