Earl Grey is the most sought after tea flavour in the world – and it’s easy to see why. Distinct, slightly citrusy, and complimented well by milk and sugar, Earl Grey just can’t be beat. So we took our favourite tea flavour and added it to this extra decadent chocolate truffle recipe for a dessert so impressive and sophisticated no-one will even know how easy it is! Below you will find our simple 5-ingredient Earl Grey Chocolate Truffles
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons Creamed Earl Grey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder for rolling
- Place your finely chopped chocolate in a large bowl, set aside.
- Heat cream in a small sauce pan until it begins to boil, add your tea to the pot, turn heat off, and cover with a lid for 10 minutes.
- Once teas has steeped, carefully strain the cream and leaves through a fine mesh strainer into a new sauce pan.
- Bring cream to boil again, and then immediately stir cream into the chopped chocolate, whisking until completely smooth.
- Whisk in vanilla extract, then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Once the mixture is firm enough to scoop, you can scoop them up and roll small balls before rolling them in the cocoa powder and placing them on a parchment paper lined sheet.
- Keep chilled and serve with a cup of Creamed Earl Grey tea.
This recipe makes about 36 truffles, the perfect amount to serve at your next event!