MATCHA CHRISTMAS TREE COOKIES
One of our most favourite things about the holidays is the free pass we give ourselves to indulge in all the yummy baking. After all, it’s the New Year that’s for resolutions, right? So, we took a few of our favourite ingredients and made these yummy Matcha Christmas Tree Cookies that bake in only 10 minutes and are easy to prepare with the whole family!
- 1 tsp matcha
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5½ tbsp of unsalted, room temperature butter
- 2/3 cups + 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 4½ – 5 tsp of water
- Sprinkles of choice for decorating
- Sift the matcha, flour and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix butter until smooth. Add the sugar in parts and mix until fully combined and smooth.
- Beat the egg and slowly add and mix to the butter-sugar. Add the vanilla extract.
- In parts, fold the dry ingredients into the mixture.
- Once fully mixed, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, pre-heat the over to 360F.
- When the dough is done chilling, roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. If the dough is too crumbly, lightly knead with water.
- Cut cookies out with your Christmas Tree cutter or holiday cutter of choice.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to completely cool before icing.
- Decorate with sprinkles of choice!
Enjoy with family and friends and don’t forget to share a photo of your Matcha Christmas Tree Cookies with us on Facebook! @CitizenTea